Wednesday 7 July 2010

Reality beckons...

I'm not one of those people who gets carried away too easily. Yes, I was born an optimist but a more moderate optimist than those 'we're gonna win the cup' lot...

So the World Cup is effectively finished. Who really cares who wins. Football geeks will be nodding along and muttering things like 'good wing play' and 'nice triangles' until the bitter end but why bother? Football is about passion - not lessons in good tactics (we don't need lessons in bad tactics...). If Brazil had gone through then maybe I would still be interested - ****space reserved for good 'Brazilian' jokes****

What are we left with? We're left with a small window in which we won't build up our hopes - summer has already been better than most of us would have expected, we're out of the world cup and there's still another four and a half weeks until league football starts. Bliss - I love my football immensely, but only because I get a two and a half month break from it, every year. Now I wonder what the divorce rate would look like if every marriage had the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment