Thursday 11 November 2010

Robot children...

My two year old sat playing on the computer this morning using a mouse etc and it struck me that kids today just 'get' computers. It's all so intuitive (well done PC manufacturers...) that it does make me wonder why some people of the older generation don't pick it up so quickly - my dear Mum recently sent me an email (well done Mum) asking if I could put a virus on her internet because she couldn't get it to work. After talking to her it deciphered into 'can you put an anti-virus programme onto my computer so I can surf the net safely'. Bless.

I don't buy into all that 'old dog, new tricks' malarkey though. I think some of us are probably just more inclined to 'get it' than others. Or of course it could be a conspiracy by some malevolent Bond-esque super criminal. The villain may have infiltrated maternity hospitals across the country and implants our children with complex microchips so that one day, in the near future, our robot children will rise up and consign us all to a life of servitude. Hang on... I think they've already done it...

No comments:

Post a Comment