Friday 19 November 2010

Who'd be a vegetarian?

Ok, I'll lay it on the table right now - I love meat. Not usually a proclamation I make so often but I have my little sister coming to stay this weekend and she doesn't like meat. She's a vegetarian.

Now, if I lived in a sitcom there would be endless calamities awaiting my every turn - various meat-associated puns would also be used - 'hey, what's your beef?', 'hey sis, you've put on a little weight, you're getting porky' etc etc There would be plenty of, ahem, hamming it up...

Instead I live in the real world so I'm going to do what all good carnivores should do - no, I'm not going cannibalistic - I'm going to make a banging chilli with a meat substitute, soya. Everyone's happy then - I get to pretend it's meat and my sis doesn't become party to the human race's mass slaughter of lesser beings... Boiled eggs for breakfast? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment